Chandigarh 04 June, 2014: Bhartiya Janata Party Chandigarh State expressed deep shock on the untimely demise of Sh Gopinath Munde, Union Minister for Rural Development and paid rich tributes to the departed soul.
In a meeting organized to pay homage to the late leader at the state party office, Kamlam, the State Party President Sh Sanjay Tandon said that this untimely demise of Sh Gopinath Munde was a big loss to the nation. Recalling his association with Mr Munde, he said that Rural Development was very close to Mr Munde’s heart and he had several plans ready to be rolled out on priority.
He added that Mr Munde faced severe hardship and struggle in early life. In his youth he was associated with the student movement. He was deeply impressed by the RSS and was a part of its several training camps. In college days he came in contact with the gentle Sh Pramod Mahajan who inspired him to join the ABVP. He remained in jail for three years during the emergency in the country as an RSS Swayamsevak.
Sh Tandon informed that during Mr Munde’s tenure as Home Minister of Maharashtra, mafia was at its peak in Mumbai. A fearless and dedicated person, Mr Munde empowered the Mumbai and Maharashtra police to the extent that mafia was put on the run and the city breathed easy. In the death of Mr Munde, BJP has los a dedicated soldier. The untimely successive deaths of the Late Mr Pramod Mahajan and now Mr Gopinath MUnde will have a deep impact not only on Maharashta but the entire country’s political landscape.
Among the large number of party workers the leaders present to pay homage were State Vice President Ram Lal, Hari Shankar Mishra, General Secretaries Prem Kaushik and Chander Shekhar, Senior Deputy Mayor Heera Negi, Deputy Mayor Devesh Modgill, Kamla Sharma, Yash Mahajan, Secretary Anita Chaudhary and Inderhit Kala, Treasurers Rajesh Gupta and Raj KIshore, Councellor Satinder Singh and Ravinder Kaur Rattu, Spokespersons Kailash Jain and A P Sanwaria, District Presidents Shakti Prakash Devshali and Devi Singh, Media Convenor Ravinder Pathania, Co-convenors Baljinder Gujral and Jaideep Singh Rathore, Shingara Singh, Desraj Tandon, Mataram Dhiman, Prashottam Mahajan, Sunita Dhawan, Hahi Md. Khurshid Ali, Amit Rana, Bharat Kumar, Deepak Sharma, Deepak Malhotra, Prince Bhandola, Ramesh Sohar, Pradeep Bansal, Sheesh Pal Garg and Vijay Prabhakar.
- In 1970 Mr. Gopinath Munde was activities of ABVP during College.
- He associated with RSS and completed Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh’s Shiksha Varga (Training Camp) in Pune and soon he put up in Motibagh, the City headquater of the RSS.
- He also participated in JP’s movement which was against Cong (I) Mrs. Indira Gandhi’s misrule.
- Imprisonment during emergency in 1975 and sent in Cental Jail Nasik for 16th months with many prominent leaders of RSS Jansangh.
- Fight Against Oppression – He strongly worked to overthrow the political system that was oppressive and corrupt by Congress Party.
- He remained MLA five times and during 1995 to 1999 he was the Dy CM of Maharashtra.
- He was the youngest State President of BJP in Maharashtra in 1982.
- Fight against criminalization of politics – Many times he raised the voice against criminalization in politics. He raised the issue of nexus between politicians and criminalization and State level as well as National level too.
- He was very closed to Sr. Leader of BJP & Shiv Sena.
- He was born into a farmer’s family of Nathra Village Dec. 12, 1949.
- He faced so many struggles since childhood. But never lost confidence.